10 November 2007

Growing Arms

I've been listening to a lot of Deerhunter, lately.
The other day Josh and I are hanging out in our kitchen, you know, cooking hotdogs in the toster oven. Nothing out of the ordinary. I mention that I saw some pictures of Bradford Cox, singer for Deerhunter...

Actually, let me back up...

About a week before this, Josh and I were walking down Tasker. Josh kept looking down at his arms, holding his arms out in front of him, bending and turning his arms. This went on for a minute, then he asked: "I think my arms are longer, do they look longer to you?" Obviously I started laughing, because I knew Josh was truly worried that his arms were actually elongating at such a rate that they would look normal one moment, then the next, too long.

Back to Deerhunter...

I said I saw pictures of the singer and that he was super skinny and lanky. I also mentioned that I found out this was because he has Marfan Syndrome, which causes disproportionately long limbs and fingers and a tall stature.
At this point Josh froze, remembering the I-think-my-arms-are-longer episode, and with a panicked look said, "Oh my God, what if I have that?"
I assured him he didn't.

No comments: